I am able to learn and use various forms of software to proofread or ‘cleanse’ data.
When I worked on the Travis Perkins Trade Product Guide, I amended several Excel spreadsheets that were then merged with page layout software to create a 900-page brochure.
To ensure a spreadsheet reaches the required level of accuracy, I do the following:
- Amend any typos and grammatical errors
- Check if the data is in the required order for creating tables
- Ensure the data is in the right column with a relevant heading
- Amend the F&Bs (features and benefits) so that they fit within the space allocated
- Check and highlight if any links to images are missing or incorrect
- Query any data validation functions within the spreadsheet that are not relevant or accurate